VR is finally here – the Vive and Rift are already in the world, and Sony’s version coming later this year! In honor of this moment, Jay and Jason talk about why we think that’s a big deal – specifically exploring the unique platform for experiences that VR provides, and how that’s different from traditional entertainment. We also talk about some of the dangers and possible abuses of VR (addiction!), and close out our talk talking about how VR may or may not impact traditional narrative cinema.
Like us on Facebook
- Episode 23 – The VR Internet of Experiences
- Episode 22 – Welcome Jay Mutzafi and Lucid Dreaming
- Episode 21: The Return / What We Noticed
- Episode 20: The Flappy Birds of Mt. Gox
- Episode 19: Tell Me Have You Seen HER
- Episode 18: The Spiritual Singularity and the Coming Age of Transparency with Zachary Feder
- Episode 17: An Economy of What? The Book Review Episode
- Episode 16: What We Did On Our Summer (and Fall!) Vacations
- Episode 15: The NSA probably knows you’re listening to this
- Episode 14: It’s Getting Harder to Be a Dick
- Episode 13: Would You Share?
- Episode 12: Writing Google SEO Porn for Online Reputation Management
- Episode 11: What is Quantified Self? – with Ernesto Ramirez
- Episode 10: The Future of Medicine & The Transcendent Man
- Episode 9: Medicine – The Technology of Life
- Episode 8: Is Technology Isolating Us?
- Episode 7: “Less Stuff” and the shift to an access-based economy
- Episode 6: The Law, Technology, and Aaron Swartz
- Episode 5: We’re Totally Judging You Based on Your Email Address
- Episode 4: The end of all jobs?
- Episode 3: Is Technology Making Things Better or Worse?
- Bits ‘n Bytes – Tech in Politics: Surveillance, Integrity, & Informed Voters
- Episode 02: Technology in the short film “Sight”
- Bits ‘n Bytes – The Boring iPhone 5
- Episode 2 Preview: “Sight” Short Film
- Episode 1: Who Are We? Why a Podcast?
- Here We Go…