In the last episode of the year, Stan and Jason discuss one of the most common questions that seems to arise time and time again: Is Technology Making Things Better or Worse? Do we need to go back to before everything was connected, or is the solution to move forward and have even more “tech”? Let us know your thoughts below!
Kill some time in the voting line listening to this week’s Bits ‘n Bytes as Stan & Jason talk about some of the ways that technology might be influencing politics: constant surveillance of politicians & enhanced media memory, the possible integrity it might lead to, and how democracy may work best when powered by google.
In the 2nd episode, Stan & Jason discuss the short film “Sight” and its portrayal of gamification, augmented reality, techno relationships and more!
Bits ‘n Bytes are special short mini episodes in which Stan & Jason discuss current events, random tidbits, and other cool nuggets that don’t make it quite into full episodes. In our inaugural installment we discuss the meme of the “boring” iPhone 5.
In this pilot episode, host Stan James and I discuss why we started the podcast, who we are, and some of the things we’re looking forward to talking about. [40 minutes]
Like us on Facebook
- Episode 23 – The VR Internet of Experiences
- Episode 22 – Welcome Jay Mutzafi and Lucid Dreaming
- Episode 21: The Return / What We Noticed
- Episode 20: The Flappy Birds of Mt. Gox
- Episode 19: Tell Me Have You Seen HER
- Episode 18: The Spiritual Singularity and the Coming Age of Transparency with Zachary Feder
- Episode 17: An Economy of What? The Book Review Episode
- Episode 16: What We Did On Our Summer (and Fall!) Vacations
- Episode 15: The NSA probably knows you’re listening to this
- Episode 14: It’s Getting Harder to Be a Dick
- Episode 13: Would You Share?
- Episode 12: Writing Google SEO Porn for Online Reputation Management
- Episode 11: What is Quantified Self? – with Ernesto Ramirez
- Episode 10: The Future of Medicine & The Transcendent Man
- Episode 9: Medicine – The Technology of Life
- Episode 8: Is Technology Isolating Us?
- Episode 7: “Less Stuff” and the shift to an access-based economy
- Episode 6: The Law, Technology, and Aaron Swartz
- Episode 5: We’re Totally Judging You Based on Your Email Address
- Episode 4: The end of all jobs?
- Episode 3: Is Technology Making Things Better or Worse?
- Bits ‘n Bytes – Tech in Politics: Surveillance, Integrity, & Informed Voters
- Episode 02: Technology in the short film “Sight”
- Bits ‘n Bytes – The Boring iPhone 5
- Episode 2 Preview: “Sight” Short Film
- Episode 1: Who Are We? Why a Podcast?
- Here We Go…