Does technology connect us or isolate us? Stan’s friend Adam Dingle shares about how a recent train trip across the country differed from some of his previous trips – because of technology. During this trip, Adam noticed he was doing a lot less connecting with other people on his trip and spending a lot more time on his smart phone, laptop, and the internet. Stan and Jason discuss a bit about this ever popular topic – is technology connecting us or making us more isolated?
Tag Archives | cultural values
Like us on Facebook
- Episode 23 – The VR Internet of Experiences
- Episode 22 – Welcome Jay Mutzafi and Lucid Dreaming
- Episode 21: The Return / What We Noticed
- Episode 20: The Flappy Birds of Mt. Gox
- Episode 19: Tell Me Have You Seen HER
- Episode 18: The Spiritual Singularity and the Coming Age of Transparency with Zachary Feder
- Episode 17: An Economy of What? The Book Review Episode
- Episode 16: What We Did On Our Summer (and Fall!) Vacations
- Episode 15: The NSA probably knows you’re listening to this
- Episode 14: It’s Getting Harder to Be a Dick
- Episode 13: Would You Share?
- Episode 12: Writing Google SEO Porn for Online Reputation Management
- Episode 11: What is Quantified Self? – with Ernesto Ramirez
- Episode 10: The Future of Medicine & The Transcendent Man
- Episode 9: Medicine – The Technology of Life
- Episode 8: Is Technology Isolating Us?
- Episode 7: “Less Stuff” and the shift to an access-based economy
- Episode 6: The Law, Technology, and Aaron Swartz
- Episode 5: We’re Totally Judging You Based on Your Email Address
- Episode 4: The end of all jobs?
- Episode 3: Is Technology Making Things Better or Worse?
- Bits ‘n Bytes – Tech in Politics: Surveillance, Integrity, & Informed Voters
- Episode 02: Technology in the short film “Sight”
- Bits ‘n Bytes – The Boring iPhone 5
- Episode 2 Preview: “Sight” Short Film
- Episode 1: Who Are We? Why a Podcast?
- Here We Go…